Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday 18 August 2013 10 GHz and Up ARRL Contest



WB9PNU/b from EM59ji




Panaroma of Ohlman Cemetery Hill, EM59ji

Sunday 18 August.  Once again I woke up early to make the 45 mile trek to Ohlman Hill Cemetery in EM59ji.  This is a great microwave location.  I will attempt to post some videos of my visit there over the weekend.  Today the WB9PNU/b was again roaring in to my hilltop location.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work Jim, N5MU at EM48sq today nor was he able to hear me.  I tried working Ron, W9ZIH, but we weren't able to hear each other.  It started to look a bit glum.  However at 14:00Z I was able to make a two-way with Bob, WA5YWC in EN52sa (192 miles)!  Debbie, KC9ULA and I again tried to work Jim, N5MU who moved to a different end of theEM48sq location .  Again no luck.  By this time the WB9PNU/b was able to be heard, but it was only a S-0.  Debbie and I went to lunch while Bob moved to EN51xr.  When Debbie and I returned to the cemetery we worked Bob at 18:00Z a distance of 175 miles.  I was also still able to copy the WB9PNU/b at S-0!  Wow what a great microwave day!  Tnx to Bob and his buddy for driving all the way from Dallas, TX to be a part of this contest!  In fact a big tnx to everyone who participated!

73,


Me working Bob, WA5YWC from EM59ji to EN52 sa a distance of 192 miles!
Ron, KO0Z

No comments:

Post a Comment