Saturday, August 17, 2013

ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest, Saturday 17 August Round 1!

A fun day today!  I had a few glitches to overcome such as bad connections on my battery booster.  Gosh does that make a difference between making a Q and not!  From EM49sq I worked Harry, WA0CNS on CW and USB!  I worked Herbert, AF4JF on CW and Armond, KD0PXF on USB!  I later worked Zack, W9SZ from EN50rl.  I tried working Ron, W9ZIH (EN51nv), Garth W0GR (WM38ax) and Jim W9SNR from EN52xr with no luck.  The WB9PNU/b was roaring in the best I've heard it (outside of being next to it in DePaul's parking lot!) with S-9+ signals up until 9:30 am or so.

Perhaps Sunday will be even better with higher humidity levels predicted.

73 es GL,

Ron, KO0Z
 This is looking towards St. Louis from on top of Ohlman, IL Cemetery hill, EM59ji

 WB9PNU/b is roaring in!

 Looking towards the northeast towards Zack in EN50rl
 Looking East.  BTW, there is a geocache in the juniper tree on the left!
 Looking Southeast.
 Looking Southwest.
 Here is due west.  St. Louis and EM48qs is just to the left side of the picture.  81.5 miles away!
 Looking Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment