Saturday, August 18, 2012

I appreciate everyone that went out today to participate in the contest.  The corn was too high at my EM59bc location so I went to the soybean field in EM59bd which is less than 300 meters away from the other site.  I worked Harry, WA0CNS and Jim, N5MU this morning!  I didn't hear Herbert, AF4JF in EM49 nor did I hear Zack, W9SZ in EM59.  Too bad Zack found a rough road that, I am sure, helped devour his exhaust pipe.  Tnx for the effort Zack!  I heard the WB9PNU/b the entire time I was there.  Most of the time it was S-9, but by 10:00 am it was S-2 to S-5 with lots of QSB.  Later I went to a cable TV site east of Gillespie, and I was able to hear the beacon, but only S-0.  Perhaps tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

  1. I have published some comments on my own blog site here:

    http://af4jf.blogspot.com/2012/08/arrl-10ghz-and-up-contest-12-day-1.html

    Thanks for coming out and trying to work each other, everybody! Hope to make more contacts tomorrow ...

    73 Herbert
    AF4JF

    ReplyDelete