Saturday, October 3, 2026

October Mad 2026

                                             Microwave Activity Day 2026

 

Originally, I was going to give a microwave demo for SLQS in the morning, but that fell through due to unexpected events.  Instead, the grandkids, Debbie and I decided to make an afternoon of it by taking the ferries across the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers to Broom's Orchard near Carlinville, IL to pick up our perfect Halloween pumpkins, apples and pears.  From there we went to Litchfield's Maverick restaurant, ate dinner and afterwards I set up in a nearby parking lot, EM59de to work Kevin AD7OI in Hannibal EM49hp.  A 95 mile (153 km) path to my northwest.  I had no difficulty copying Kevin with his 40 watts to his dish up 75 feet.  He was able to copy me for a good two-way QSO using SSB and my 3 watts. 

Our return trip back to EM48 was courtesy of my grandson Artaro taking I-55 to I-270 back to St. Peters.  A fun day for us all!

                                                               Mississippi River looking north

                                                              Crossing the Mississippi

                                     My grandkids at Broom's Apple Orchard near Carlinville, IL 

                                                My 10 GHz set up in a Litchfield, IL EM59de parking lot

                                          Looking northwest towards Kevin AD7OI's direction from EM59de
 

No comments:

Post a Comment