Tuesday, September 15, 2020

September 2020 Tropo Opening

 Tuesday evening, September 15 around 7:25 pm (September 16,00:25 Z), I set up my 10 GHz station in the MidRivers Mall northeast parking lot to attempt a 10 GHz QSO with Gedas W8BYA in northern Indiana EN70jt.  A distance of about 261 miles.  This would beat my longest contact by 35 miles on this band.  First try, I peaked up my dish on Gedas and his CW signal was S-8!  So was mine at his end!  Then the band dropped out and we both managed to be at or below the noise floor.  What a tease.  We tried for over and hour, but with no two-way QSO.  Oh well. Next time.  Herbert AF4JF and Harry WA0CNS were both heard and they could hear him, but not very well.  Drats!  Next time! 

 The Hepburn website showed excellent propagation in the Midwest.  The best we've seen in quite some time.




No comments:

Post a Comment