Saturday, April 13, 2013

Last one for 3 cm VUCC

Last Tuesday, Dave KB0PE came over to my St. Peters QTH to take down my skyhooks from EM48 and move them to my Girard, EM59 QTH.  Four hours later we were rolling up hardline and loading up my van and trailer.  On the way back to Girard we stopped off in Edwardsville in the EM58as location and worked Jim, N5MU on 3cm!  We had 579 cw reports and 5x7 SSB contacts!  This grid QSO gave Jim his fifth grid for his VUCC!  Congratulations Jim!  After the QSO, a very tired KO0Z and KB0PE went to great burger joint in nearby Pontoon Beach.  Uncle Linny's makes the largest hamburger I've ever seen.  It is one pound of pure deliciousness! They also make a 3lb burger with a bunch of fries and if you can consume the entire meal in 45 minutes then it is free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment