Wednesday, March 14, 2012

10 GHz for KO0Z



Hello fellow SLAMERS from central Illinois in Girard. I've been talking about it and now my words are a reality. I am almost ready to test my 10 GHz transverter and see if it will hear the beacon in EM59. I have just a few more jumpers to make and then the "smoke" test. I'd like to thank the entire SLAMS group for your encouragement, but I'd especially like to thank, Jim C, Jim R, John and Herbert for the additional help with various odds-n-ends.

73,

Ron, KO0Z

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Hope to be one of your first 10GHz contacts ...
    -AF4JF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to try to work me, now that the weather is better, I can make early morning trips to EN50rl and still get to work on time. Probably around 6:30 to 8 am during the week. On weekends I can stay up there longer.

      I just fixed up Wally's (W9OBG) 10 GHz transverter, so hopefully he will start working people on that band, too.

      Delete