Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Sprints 144 MHz

All day I was looking forward to working the CSVHFS sponsored Spring Sprints for 144 MHz on Monday April 9. I downloaded VHFLOG and finally got it to work with Windows Vista. I was ready to operate! At seven pm local time I called CQ and worked Dave, KB0PE at the Dow site. Later I worked N9SS near Peoria and then an hour later a station near Memphis, TN which was my longest distance Q of the night at 185 miles. About 10 minutes before the 11:00 pm I worked Zack W9SZ. In four hours of operating I made 4 Qs with a rate of one per hour...

I was disappointed in the band conditions and lack of participants, but at least Dave and I were on and I had fun. Retirement has its benefits in terms of affording time in which to operate! Next week it is 220 MHz time. I plan to be on the air with my HT and a 5 element yagi operating on 223.500. My granddaughter Maya is due to be born on the 16th, but I plan to be QRV for the 18th.

A week later is the 440 sprint and I am looking forward to that one as well!

73,

Ron, KO0Z

No comments:

Post a Comment