Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tripod Mounted at last!

I now have my 10 GHz dish mounted on its tripod!  I tested it out at MO Hwy 94 and I-70 and I copied the WB9PNU beacon S-20!  I also copied another beacon about 20 KHz lower in frequency, but the telemetry was gibberish for me.  For example, I copied TEEN06, thinking that I had a broken call in EN06!  However, it always repeated the same message.  I had with me Russ, KD0IGN along with me as well as his wife, Margarete, and Debbie, KC9ULA.  We did this on Saturday evening 21 April around 7:30 pm local time.  Anyone else copy this beacon telemetry?

I am ready for MAD on Saturday 5 May.  I will be set up in EM59bc.  I am looking forward to the day! I hope to activate this grid for all the deserving!
73,
Ron, KO0Z

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you copied another beacon from EN06 .. that is in North Dakota, distance would be over 600 miles! I guess that you most likely copied a signal from some other band thanks to some kind of interference influencing your RX. However, I certainly hope that it WAS another HAM Radio Beacon ...

    73 de AF4JF

    ReplyDelete